The Rwandan Society of Human Genetics (RSHG), founded in 2017, is a non-profit organisation aiming at promoting human and medical genetic activities in Rwanda. In addition, the Society seeks to:
- Enhance genetic education by preparing future professionals
- Advance genetic research activities by advocating for research support and funding
- Promote genetic services and support responsible social and scientific policies
- Provide a platform to share information about research, training and clinical services
RSHG organisation and activities
RSHG includes members from universities, hospitals, institutes, and medical and research laboratories. The RSHG Executive Committee is composed of the:
The Executive Committee is elected by General Assembly for a mandate of five years renewable once.
A full activity report is presented to members at the membership meeting at the annual Conference of RSHG.
Current Status (15 November 2017):
- Statutes approved by the Rwanda Medical Council
- Waiting for final approval by RGB (Rwanda Governance Board)